What is included in our Lettings service:
- Advise as to the likely rental income.
- Fully market the property through our extensive national websites and search engines to ensure full internet exposure as well as our own website, office foyer, business contacts, established tenant database, adverts in the local press, plus use of our social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and our own Blog
- Hold a key to the property (where required) and organise and undertake accompanied viewings at the property.
- Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up full references including bank reference and employer or previous landlord character reference. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a company, a full bank reference would be taken.
- Only Tenants who provide satisfactory references will be considered, however subject to your approval, other forms of referencing may be acceptable. Should sharers be considered they will be dealt with on a joint and several basis only.
- Preparing the Tenancy Agreement necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the agreement where necessary at the end of the tenancy term. N.B: Free on the first let only. A charge will apply for any further new tenancies prepared for re-lets. Please see our terms and conditions.
- Arrange for the Tenant to meet you at the property to check and sign an inventory and hand over the keys. Please note this service can be provided by iConn at an additional fee. Please see our terms and conditions.
- Collect and hold the deposit as Stakeholders within the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We take a deposit of a month and a half rent, unless otherwise agreed. Any interest accumulated is retained by iConn Property Management. From 6th April 2007 no Landlord will be able to hold their own deposit for any new tenancies, unless you are registered within the Tenancy Deposit Scheme or similar registered scheme. If you would like iConn to hold the deposit, you must either instruct iConn to prepare an Inventory & schedule of condition for an additional cost or provide your own Inventory & schedule of condition which needs to be at a professional standard and agreed by iConn. Please note there is an additional fee for providing an Inventory and Schedule of Condition and for holding the deposit. For pricing, please request a copy of our Terms and Conditions'.
- iConn will not hold any deposit under the TDS Scheme unless a professional Inventory & Schedule of condition is provided or has been undertaken by iConn.
- Collect the first month's rent and then pay to you minus our fee and arrange for the Tenant to pay subsequent rent to you by standing order. Or collect the full term of rent if paid in advance and pay to you minus our fee. Any interest accumulated is retained by iConn Property Management. Any fee owed that exceeds the first month's rental income collected will be invoiced separately.
- Contact you well within the legally required period to establish whether you wish to extend the tenancy, or increase the rental and ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared. Prepare and serve relevant section 21 notices, renewals and addendums. Please note renewals and rent increases are subject to an additional charge. Please see our terms and conditions.
- If iConn has prepared an Inventory & Schedule of condition, transfer the utilities, check the Tenant in and out of the property and organise any works required to return the property to its original standard allowing for fair wear and tear. If necessary prepare and agree a schedule of costs relating to any damage or unfair wear and tear prior to releasing the deposit.
- If iConn has not provided an inventory & schedule of condition, arrange with you to release the deposit to the appropriate parties when agreed by both parties at the end of the tenancy.
- Please note under this service, the Landlord is responsible for renewing the annual Gas safety certificate.
The Landlord would remain responsible for all other aspects of the letting including the maintenance of the property and any gas and electrical appliances. If the Landlord has not instructed the Agent to prepare an Inventory & Schedule of condition or has not provided an equally professional agreed Inventory & schedule of condition, the agent reserves the right to decline to protect the deposit under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. The Landlord would be expected to protect the deposit within a regulated deposit scheme and provide evidence of this before the deposit is transferred to the scheme.
The fee for a tenant find is 75% of a calendar months rent plus VAT for a standard six months tenancy. There is an additional charge of £65.00 plus VAT for the drawing up of the tenancy agreement.
If the initial agreed tenancy period is more than six months, the fee will be 8% plus VAT of gross rental payable in advance for the period of the tenancy.
In both cases the fee is for individual properties, there being a reduced fee where there are a number of properties, this being subject to further discussions.
N.B The above is subject to a minimum fee of £400.00 per property plus VAT.
Should you require an inventory to be prepared and the tenants checked in at the beginning of the tenancy or checked out at the end of the tenancy, there will be an additional charge for this service. For pricing, please request a copy of our Terms and Conditions'.