We offer a full and comprehensive Management Service which deals with day-to-day matters at your property to ensure you have a well cared for home and a satisfied tenant. We attend to repairs promptly to maintain the property condition and avoid unnecessary deterioration. We also inspect your property every three months (every two months for student properties) throughout the tenancy and provide you with either a written or verbal report, thus giving you peace of mind. The standard fee for the Management is taken as a percentage of the gross rents due for the period of the tenancy.
What is included in our full management service:
- Advise as to the likely rental income.
- Fully market the property through our extensive national websites and search engines to ensure full internet exposure as well as our own website, office foyer, business contacts, established tenant database, adverts in the local press, plus use of our social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and our own Blog.
- Hold a key to the property (where required) and organise and undertake accompanied viewings at the property
- Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up full references including bank reference and employer or previous landlord character reference. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a company, a full bank reference would be taken.
- Only Tenants who provide satisfactory references will be considered, however subject to your approval, other forms of referencing may be acceptable. Should sharers be considered they will be dealt with on a joint and several basis only.
- Preparing the Tenancy Agreement necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the agreement where necessary at the end of the tenancy term. N.B: Free on the first let only. A charge will apply for any further new tenancies prepared for re-lets. Please see our terms and conditions.
- Collect and hold the deposit as Stakeholders under the (TDS) Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We take a deposit of a month and a half rent, unless otherwise agreed. Any interest accumulated is retained by iConn Property Management. From 6th April 2007 no Landlord will be able to hold their own deposit for any new tenancies, unless you are registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme or similar registered scheme. N.B: Please note there is an additional fee for this service. For pricing, please request a copy of our Terms and Conditions'.
- Collect the rent on your behalf, prepare a statement of account and pay the rent, less deductions, to you as instructed. Any interest accumulated is retained by iConn Property Management. We will aim to forward any rent payments to you within 10 working days of receipt. Should the need arise, we will actively chase late payments and you will be kept fully informed.
- Arranging payment of the Landlord's final utility charges, council tax etc, at the commencement of the tenancy and advising utility Companies (principally electricity, gas & water) of meter readings and advising them of the transfer of service contracts to the tenant at the beginning and end of each tenancy.
- Arrange an annual Gas safety Certificate
- Prepare a comprehensive and detailed inventory and schedule of condition of the property and the contents including photographs.
- Check the tenant into the property by checking through the inventory and schedule of condition with them.
- Inspect the property every three months (every two months for student properties) and report to you on any findings, this is a visual inspection only and should not be seen as a full sight survey. The responsibility of an empty property and the management of an empty property is not normally included and will be carried out by special arrangement agreed in writing between the Landlord and the Agent.
- Notify you of any visible defects of the premises or contents which may be discovered from our inspections or which are notified to us by the Tenant.
- Arrange and supervise any cleaning, repairs or replacements that are found to be necessary during the tenancy and once the tenant has vacated. We prefer to use our own approved contractors wherever possible who already know the property, although we will be happy to use contractors of your choice, as long as they hold the relevant qualifications and insurances necessary.
- Arrange payment of the property's outgoings, such as insurances, regular maintenance costs, etc. We will only be able to make payments on your behalf if we are in funds either through rental income or by holding an agreed working balance.
- Prepare and serve relevant section 21 notices, renewals and addendums. NB: Please note renewals are subject to an additional charge. Please see our terms and conditions.
- Check the Tenant out of the property, and organise any works required to return the property to its original standard allowing for fair wear and tear. If necessary prepare and agree a schedule of costs relating to any damage or over and above wear and tear prior to releasing the deposit.
Please contact our office direct for our full management fee structure.
Please note, the rate is negotiable for Landlords with two or more properties.
The commission payable is of the gross rent as stated in the Tenancy Agreement plus VAT, to be deducted from rent received. In the event of the Tenant falling into arrears this commission is chargeable to your account and payable by you as and when rent is due. In between lettings we will make every effort to oversee the property; however we cannot accept any liability for damage to the property or the maintenance of it whilst it is un-let, unless a separate agreement is made. Please note that your insurance company may need to be informed if the house is empty for any length of time.
Management instructions and the fees cover a minimum period of a fixed term of the initial term of the tenancy. Thereafter a three month written notice needs to be given by either party should they wish to cancel this contract. Please note if the Landlord sells the property with the sitting tenant in residence to a new owner, the fee for the fixed term is still payable by the signed Landlord. If the Landlord fails or refuses to comply with legal and other requirements, the Agent can immediately terminate the contract and claim all fees due.