Archive for July, 2014
Rightmove, on behalf of The Money Advice Service, explain all:
You needn’t get stuck with a high energy tariff – changing supplier could save you up to £200 a year.
Rising bills can mean a big chunk of your household budget goes on essentials such as gas and electricity.
Simply switching your supplier could mean big savings without much effort.
Yet two-thirds of people have never switched their energy provider which the regulator, Ofgem, reckons could save households about £200 a year.
That kind of saving could make a tidy contribution towards, say, redecorating a room in your home.
Most people can switch energy suppliers – even if you have a prepayment meter with debts of up to £500. If you change your mind, you have a 14-day cooling off period.
Here’s how to switch:
1) Check your bill from your current energy provider to see your usage in kWh
2) Make sure your provider won’t charge you to break your existing contract
3) Use comparison sites approved by Ofgem’s Confidence Code
4) Compare the latest deals and choose the best one for you
5) Consider different suppliers of duel deals for your gas and electricity
6) Choosing an online tariff and paying by direct debit could save you extra money